The EMSA Logistics Team Member is the first friendly face our EMTs and Paramedics see at the start of their shift. Logistics team members are responsible for the inventory and stocking of medical equipment on ambulances and in the stockroom.
They issue medical supplies and equipment to the appropriate team member and maintains an accurate inventory of these items. Logistics team members record and audit EMSA assets which are distributed into the field to be used by Paramedics and EMTS. They are also responsible for getting our fleet of emergency vehicles clean, detailed and ready to serve our communities daily.
Process inventory for medical equipment and supplies including, receiving, stocking, maintaining inventory levels, and the issue of inventory.
EMSA offers a sign-on bonus of $1,500 for full-time Logistics Technicians in the materials department. We offer two payout options through payroll in either increment of your choice.
Be a part of our mission: One Team, One Mission, One EMSA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventories and restocks medical equipment and supplies in stockroom and on ambulances.
- Issues required supplies and equipment to appropriate Team Members and maintains inventory of items.
- Maintains complete and accurate inventory and asset control. Manage records for medical equipment and supplies including exchanged items in those locations where first responder items are pooled.
- Inspects, cleans and repairs medical equipment as required.
- Completes records and reports in a timely manner.
- Ensures proper safeguarding of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Drive an ambulance, non-emergency, from time-to-time to pickup EMS equipment left at hospitals, as well as moving ambulances on the EMSA premises.
- Perform accurate auditing and recording of assets.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work place is usually moderate. The Team Member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk, and is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. There is lifting and moving of equipment up to 100 pounds. Maintain physical condition to perform assigned job functions as determined by company policy.
Work independently with little supervision and maintains close working relationships with Team Members. Learn and education of supplies, processes, and equipment. Works in a high-stress environment.
Certification(s) and/or License(s):
- Current state driver license
- Must successfully complete drug screening, physical, and background check
- Must be18 years of age