- 18-20 week paid program (includes field training)
- 40 hours per week of classroom instruction
- Field orientation instruction and training
- National Registry testing (written and practical)
- State EMS license (paid for by EMSA)
- Specialized academy for EMSA system credentialing
- 2-3 graduating classes each year in Tulsa & OKC
- 12-14 students per class
WHY Choose EMSA ADVANTAGE?
One-of-a-kind partnership with OSU
EMT students getting paid to learn
Largest & most clinically advanced EMS system in Oklahoma
Unmatched training that best prepares EMTs for their EMS career
Amazing exposure to high acuity calls
EMSA Advantage students will sign a contract to work for EMSA for 18 months once they complete their training, are system credentialed, and have passed their registry tests, and EMSA will pay for their schooling.
That means NO tuition and NO school-related out-of-pocket expenses for EMSA Advantage students – up to a $2,500 cost savings!
Investing In You
Many of our EMTs choose to attend our in-house paramedic school to further their careers and grow in this busy and evolving 911 system.
Growth opportunities are available, with many of our EMTs serving as Field Training Officers and working on BLS ambulances with another EMT.
Employee Benefits at EMSA
- 457b retirement account with large employer match
- Paid time off accruing from your first day on the job
- Benefit packages including health, dental, & vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance & disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral and retention bonuses
- ECMO units
- Bariatric units
- Power load cots
- RESQ PUMP & RESQ POD
- LifePack 15
Get More Out of Life in Oklahoma
EMSA is a public utility authority with two divisions: Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
With low cost of living, friendly residents, and cultural amenities, your next hometown may surprise you.